Consuming soda can affect eventually your teeth, this is something that can happen to the youngest and to the oldest.
The acids and the sugar of this drinks can affect the tooth enamel, and contributes to the formation of cavities. Some other bad habits that can damage your teeth are clenching your teeth and a wrong hygiene, like do not brushing your teeth in the right way.
Some sodas like the light coke have less sugar, but although that they usually contains acids and many other elements that can affect your health.
This are some diseases that can be caused by an excess consumption of sugar:
- Loss of strenght in your teeth
- Loss of enamel
- Tooth fall
- Arterial hypertension
- Cardiovascular diseases
The consume of this drinks has increase dramatically in the United States, mainly in kids and teenagers. Actually doctors and pediatricians has started campigns to promote better healthy habbits, and to warn parents to take better care of them.
It is estimated that teenagers drink at least 12 drinks per day, and kids 4 every day, this is why having coke or soda in your everyday diet is dangerous for your own health. This is not something that just affect your teeth, it can also damage your general health, you can develop diabetes, stop growing and cause several problems to your streght and bones, not mentioning that a sedentary routine can be harmful for your kids.
But what you can do to take care of your oral hygiene?
- First, you will have to reduce the quantity of energy drinks and soda that you consume, eventually you will not just take care of your teeth, you will also feel better, with more energy, and it is something natural to lose weight.
- Wash your teeth with fluoride and pasta, also use mouthwash at least one time a day. You have to clean your teeth with your toothbrush two or three times. The fluoride strengthens the enamel and reduce cavities.
- If you still consume coke or soda, wash your mouth with water to remove the waste.
- Fill your refrigerator with healthy beverages, like water, natural juice, and tea. The key is to vary the options you see everyday in front of you, you can be a role model for your children.
- Schedule an appointment with your dentist at least three times a year, depending on the results you notice.
In some countries it is not important to have a dental and oral health, because they think that it is not so damaging as cancer or HIV AIDS, or something that can cause death, but they ignore that the mouth is one of the most important body parts and systems in each one of us.
At last but not least, you should know that consuming soda in special occasions is not damaging, it is like everything, if you always consume tobacco, hamburguers, alcohol, you will eventually get tired and sick. Consuming soda is not recommended, but if you like it too much, just moderate it, and also follow your dentist instructions.
You may be also interest in: Being stressed can damage my teeth?